Tuesday, October 7, 2008
The 5th Question : Why did you become an English Teacher?
Actually I didn't mean to be an English teacher. But when I was a junior in university, IMF shock attacked Korea. So a lot of companies went to bankrupt, therefore, there were lots of unemployed people and even no chance to get a job. I couldn't help it. Anyway I didn't want to be a teacher at that time, but now I am enjoying my job. How about you guys? I want to know your story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hi, Iris.
I wanted to be Korean language teacher when I was a high school student. Korean language teacher asked me to major in Korean.
But my homeroom teacher had a different thought.
He recommended me to major in English. Because of him, I majored in English, and I became an English teacher.
Bye.
After I bombed KSAT, my parents recommended to enter to the education department. I'd considered which to choose English education or Korean education for quite a short time and then decided English education.
The reason is that I can make a quite a decent money with teaching English as a tutor.
However, I liked Korean literature also, so I majored Korean education also. So I got double majors. Last year, I also taught Korean to the second graders in my school.
Hey..Iris.
To be a teacher was my first and only drean when young because I met a lot of wonderful teachers. But in high school, I was not a good student who didn't study hard enough, so I didn't get a score good enough to enter the education college. However, after quitting my job, I decided to give it a shot at my my dream. And here I am now. ^^ Actually I regretted choosing English as a majoy a little bit right after submitting my application form for reentering college. You know, Enlgish is hard to learn.
Hi, Iris~~~
When I was young, I wanted to be a teacher. And when I was in high school, I liked my English teacher, so I came to like English. I majored in English, but when I graduated from university, I didn't want to be a teacher. I worked at a private institute and I thought that it was my temporary job. But I had to continued and as I got older and older, it was very tough to work at a private institute. So I decided to take an exam for being a public school teacher. This is the reason that I became an English teacher...
Very boring...
Hi~ Iris~~
I'm always happy to be with you~
When I was a middle school student, my older sister was already a middle school teacher; I'm the youngest child in my family. ^^ As I saw her, she looked very satisfied and happy to teach and help her students. It looked so good and I made a decision to be a teacher. I wanted to be a geography teacher but my parents thought if I major English, it would help me get a job more easily. So I chose English Education as my major.
Hi Iris,
I always wanted to be a teacher. I remember 'teaching' my little sister when we were very young.
I originally wanted to teacher literature but found that language learning was more interesting after coming to Korea as my first step to explore the world.
Post a Comment